Saturday, August 20, 2005

Some of the Things I Miss!

I miss...Being able to pick up my nephew to kiss his tender smile.
I miss...Being able to hug someone with both arms.
I miss...Being able to take a drink out of a glass without a straw.
I miss...Being able to walk towards the sunset in the evening.
I miss...Being able to stand up and wash my hands without fear of falling.
I miss...Being able to walk across the room and flirt.
I miss...Being able to use the restroom alone.
I miss...Being able to call my daddy whenever I want to.
I miss...Being able to pick up a book and read it.
I miss...Being able to take a drive.
I miss...Being able to take my baby to the park.
I miss...Being able to lock the door.
I miss...Being able to cook anything.

It's the small things in life that you miss the most. When you have a few minutes, try tying down the hand you don't write with, and you will see how much you use that hand. Now imagine, that whole side is affected. And, neither your arm nor leg is any use to you. Try also to imagine how normal you may seem in the mirror today, after a stroke you have brain damage. Therefore, you are mistaken for the mentally retarded. You find out your friends aren't your friends and your family aren't true to you. They become ashamed to be seen in public with you. These are just a few of the things I must face on a daily basis. Keep healthy, your social life may depend on it.

Sending Love your way,

Tina(Love)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LONELY (IN STUDIO) (Akon)

Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

http://www.SikWorld.com Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.
free hit counter