Saturday, November 05, 2005

Forever Comes Way Too Soon....

In Memory of Thomas Lee Sisk, Sr
Born: August 3, 1944
Died: November 25, 2004

My Daddy wasn't perfect. He worked for everything he had, helping others when he could. When his transition from this life came, He did Not owe anyone. My parents divorced when I was 6 years old. Believe it or not, their divorcing was a good thing. We (he and I) probably wouldn't have been as close. The one thing we both had in common was we didn't want to shame each other. It meant the world to me that he be proud of me. There's nothing worse than the disappointment in your parent's eyes.
My Daddy LOVED car racing,watching or in the middle of it. You could put money on it, if a race was on tv, Daddy was watching. I did enjoy seeing him watching or talking about it. He would get excited and near-bout glow! It was a family event back when he was racing. Playing cheerleader was actually enjoyable. (No.....No suit and Pom Poms) He also was a shadetree mechanic, unlike him I didn't like to get my hands dirty. Still, I don't favor the idea. My point, yes I have one. See I never told my Daddy that I didn't care for racing. He knew about my dislike for greasy hands. These were a few of his hobbies, he was a mechanic in defense. Helps the wallet too. Anyway, I would sit for hours watching and listening to racing things. This was a way to spend more time with him. It didn't hurt anyone or thing. And, Daddy and I could talk about "anything."It was around 2 years ago that I received a strange call from him. Back when I was still working and flirting. I answered, "hello." I didn't received the same. Instead I heard, "Do you feel I've done more for Bubba than you?" Being the bluntly honest person I am, I answered, "No.....I've never felt that way."
My brother married young(18) with a baby on the way. They lost James Wesley 2 months later. still married they made a go of the marriage. He needed more help. Marriage and more would wait 5 more years for me. He was always there when I needed him. Still nothing like an "Everything's gonna be okay" Daddy Hug! Our situations were different, they still are. I didn't have to "go out and have fun" to make life bearable. Five children later, he's still learning.
The last few weeks I've had a song stuck in my head by Reba McEntire, "The Greatest Man I Never Knew." My Daddy and I lived in contrast to that song. We hugged and kissed on arrival and departure. Both told the other of the Love in our hearts. I knew my Daddy, sometimes better than he himself. He knew me as well.
The day before he died we had a real heart-to-heart talk. I can look back and smile through my tears. My sense of humor favors his like a twin. On the day he died my Daddy passed into his transition knowing a few extra things. The fact I'd never felt he'd failed me. Also, I always knew he loved me. He shared a few things with me as well, the fact that I had never made him ashamed of me, and he was proud to have me as a daughter. I guess all that advice helped after all.
When someone loses a love one, they express to others the importance to cherish the time they have remaining with their loved ones. We say this from our broken hearts, through tears with some, well a lot of envy/jealousy. For the harsh reality we wake to each day is as hard as it is cold.
I write/post about what I'm feeling or thinking about each day. It actually is therapeutic. Surely you didn't think I believed my life was interesting. Did You??
Be Loving Toward One Another.
God Bless,
Tina ~AKA~ Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LONELY (IN STUDIO) (Akon)

Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

http://www.SikWorld.com Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.
free hit counter