Friday, November 12, 2004

Just a little Sharing

I've tried to post everyday, because I missed so many when I was in Oklahoma. Not that it could be helped, circumstances didn't allow most days. There's one thing I haven't really posted about and that is church. I know there are a lot of believers, and non-believers out there. No I don't think that salvation is given simply because you are in "a house of God"!! I just wanted to share with you the fact that it feels good to be going to church. I've finally come to enjoy Bible study. Our Preacher is a Very personable man, a true people person. He has both the Excitement and Passion that keeps your attention. The Youth Director is a very nice man, my boys really like attending his classes on Wednesdays as well. When we first started going, the boys took a pass. While they were in care, they were made to go to church. I ask them to go with me, just to see how they would like it. They've went almost every week since on Sunday, and have only missed one Wednesday. I can relate to the way they felt about being made to go. When I was Alex's age my situation was different. I escaped to church, my problem was I had to take someone's children with me. Seems they couldn't tend to their own children after a wild Saturday night out. So when the Sunday come that I wasn't feeling well, I was made to go because she didn't want to have to deal with her children. This made me resent everything about Church and what it actually stood for. At 12 or 13, things look so much different. It's taken me a long time to get back to church. I've made every excuse in the world why I didn't attend. In the long run I realize, I just wasn't ready. But I took my children or arranged rides for them. If they wanted to go I supported them 200%. God has always been in my home, never once has he left me. And never once have I forgotten about Him. I've talked to many people on-line that don't admit to attending church. Later, I find out they go every Sunday. It's not shame they don't talk about it, it's more on the lines of political correctness, or maybe easier for them to dodge certain subjects. And for those of you that Don't believe in God: Just because you don't believe in Him, doesn't mean he doesn't believe in you! I'm not a preacher, by any means. I don't try to push religion down anyone's throat. This is my blog, and I wanted to share this with my friends. There are certain things I don't agree with in my church. But, I'll not turn away, from what I want in my heart, over those. I could sit here and go into what in the Bible I don't believe. But it would only cause "much ado about nothing." So I'll close this, wish you a good Day, and go face Mine!!

Take Care, Be Safe, and We'll talk Soon!

Tina (Love)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LONELY (IN STUDIO) (Akon)

Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

http://www.SikWorld.com Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.
free hit counter